PROWEB would like to welcome our new President Professor Primrose Kurasha. She is a founding Trustee who has been devoted to PROWEB and has always had women’s interests at heart. She holds a PhD, MBA and BBS Hons Degrees and is the first woman Vice Chancellor in Zimbabwe. In 2003 she took Vice Chancellor role at Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) and has been in the role ever since.
With her wealth of knowledge and expertise she sits on many boards. The following are the groups she sits on the boards of the roles she assumes:
- She is the chairperson of Distance Education Association of Southern Africa (DEASA)
- Executive Board member on the Council for Distance Education (ACDE).
- SADC-ODL Project Steering Committee.
- Founding and board member of the Scientific Industrial Research and Development Centre ( SIRDC)
- Board member of Baobab Reinsurance P/L
- Board member for the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
- ZBC Boards Finance and Audit Committee member
- She has been chairperson of the UNESCO- funded UNITWIN Project
Besides sitting on boards she also uses her expertise as a consultant. She has advised financial management, manufacturing, educational and several other organizations. As a strong exponent of ODL she has also managed to create linkages with institutions all over the world. She’s influential in Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia, Namibia, Malawi, Israel, Malaysia, Hong Kong and China.
It is no surprise this decorated woman is also a high achiever. She has been the recipient of many awards including:
- The International Star for Leadership in Quality Award (ISLQ)
- The Open University of Tanzania Excellence Award.
- Businesswoman of the year 2008;
- The Sally Mugabe Award for Managerial Excellence (2005);
- The Empretec Woman Leader of the Year (2004);
- The Bridgeport Innovation Centre Fellowship award (1986)
- The Van Leer Foundation Award (1979).
We believe that Professor Kurasha will take PROWEB to new heights. Her knowledge and expertise will open us to new ways of thinking and empowering women all over Zimbabwe. We are truly blessed to call this gem our own.